Thursday, January 1, 2009

update on my MOM

My mom started to not feel well last Friday or so.. on Saturday she developed a terrible pain in her right side with a slight fever, later that night she started to feel better and even into Sunday morning she felt a little better. Sunday afternoon the pain returned and it was crippling for her. My dad took her to the ER Monday midmorning and from there they took her by ambulance to UofU Hospital. They did emergency surgery at around midnight to remove a very angry and infected gall bladder (she was near septic). She had a rough time on Tuesday, she was very disoriented and very sleepy. Wednesday she was more "with it" and was able to come home. She is now resting comfortably in her bed being cared for by my dad and Angie.
I am so thankful that this whole thing turned out the way it did (it could have gone very badly).

Thank you all for your concern and prayers!

2 comments:

Kell said...

I'm glad to hear she's at home and doing well. You guys were in our prayers! Love ya!

.........Still ME! said...

I am so glad to hear she is doing well! I love your mom, she is the sweetest woman, she always treated me like one of her own. Prayers are with her.