Sunday, January 25, 2009

31 shmirty one

I make myself laugh!!

Yesterday was my 31st birthday, my brothers and sisters and parents cannot believe that the baby of the family is so old. I have to remind them that they are WAY older than me.

Here is a rundown of the birthday festivities.. Friday night was a fitful night sleep thanks to congestion, injured shoulder, renting rooms, a baby that decides to wake up for no reason.. you get the idea. Eric let me sleep in Saturday morning. I woke up to the smell of breakfast and decided that I better get up and help with the morning chores. I pulled myself out of bed, put my robe and slippers on and headed to the kitchen, when I got there Eric told me to get back in bed quick and he called for the boys to come down to the kitchen and begin the birthday gift giving! Of course I didn't hesitate to hop back in bed only to be followed by 3 very handsome boys with a tray full of breakfast and a message that they have pre-ordered the Twilight DVD for the birthday girl. I sat in my bed eating scrambled eggs, toast and oranges watching "MOST HAUNTED", (I know, weird, but I love that show) all the while thinking how blessed I am to have Eric and my boys.

Eric didn't let me lift a finger all day yesterday, he did all of the motel laundry, all of the loading and unloading of the dishwasher and cleaning of the kitchen.

After lunch we headed into SLC to get a much needed bra fitting at Nordstrom. Let me just say that if you have never done this, YOU NEED TO!! I found one that does everything it is supposed to do for the bargain price of $74.00, I know, YIKES!

The boys (ok, mostly Eric) made a spaghetti dinner for me and we went to coldstone for some tastie ice cream treats..it was packed so we grabbed a couple of pints and hightailed it back home to enjoy. Thanks to my dad for buying said ice cream treats!

Thank you all for your birthday calls and cards, I love you (you know who you are and so do I).

9 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

I am a bad friend! I'm so sorry I forgot to make the call, I do love you and want to send many birthday wishes to someone I am proud to call my friend!

Happy 31 Liz, I'm only 2 months behind you!!

Anthony and Christel said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Phoebe said...

Happy Birthday! Dillards does bra fitting too, yes, very good idea. And yes, yikes, but they are soooo much better.

lizwagz said...

Thank you friends!! love you guys too!

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Liz. I am glad you had such a great day, you deserve it.

Bugs said...

geeze you're OLD!!!!!
Happy birthday anyway. Bras are always a good present.

Kell said...

Happy Happy 31st...from one of the WAY older!!!! Love ya!

Happy Herrons said...

Happy B-day! And a new bra - the perfect present? And how the flipping come the GOOD bras cost a boob and an arm? Seriously!!!

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Liz--sounds like you had fun celebrating...I'm halfway through my 31st year and it has been great!