I can not believe that E is 8 already! What an adventure it has been raising this child, I am positive the adventure is far from over. Today E had his very first "friend" birthday party, we went bowling, it was a blast! The countdown begins now.. 12 days until his baptism.
On this day I married my best friend and true love...
It was early summer of '98 and I was still living with my parents and working in Salt Lake. My dad was the bishop of my ward at the time and Eric was serving the last weeks of his mission in our area. I remember seeing him and thinking how cute he was, the missionaries would come over when my dad had bishop's chat and I think my parents fed them a couple of times. I was in the process of moving into the city when one Sunday I went to church with my parents and the missionaries (Eric) were speaking in church. I looked at him and "knew" that this was the man I was going to marry. I even mentioned it to a friend at work the next day. Keep in mind that we had never spoken to each other...So since this was Eric's last area and my parents loved him (my dad was/is a techno-geek and so was/is Eric) Eric left my dad a business type card that had his email address on it. Fast forward a couple of months, Eric is now home in Chicago from his mission and I am living in the big city. I came home one weekend to do my laundry and stock up on toilet paper. I was on my dad's computer and something caught my eye.. it was the card Elder Wagner had given to my dad, you know, the one with his email address on it. So I made a quick decision and typed up an email to this very cute return missionary. From that email came more emails and then phone calls and then trips back and forth between here and there. On one of the trips he made here we went to the Roof as the Joseph Smith Memorial building and he proposed to me, that was on 10/31. There were a couple more trips between here and there. We were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple on 2/12/99.. Ten years down and an eternity left to go...I can't wait!!
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 10 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. My 2nd toe is shorter than my big toe and I kind-of take pride in that. When I am sitting down and have no shoes on, I curl my toes under my feet. (My sister does the same thing)
2. I love to watch "reality" ghost hunting shows, Most Haunted, Ghost Adventurers, Paranormal State...
3. I love Diet Cherry Pepsi, but I can only have one a day and it has to be a lunch time or I am up most of the night.
4. I don't make friends easily. I am not really an outgoing gal.
5. I go out to dinner once a month with some friends from high school and it's like no time has passed at all.
6. I am starting to find grey hairs more frequently now that I am 31, it doesn't matter though because I dye my hair. Eric teases me because he says he has never seen my "real" hair color.
7. I have terrible looking feet, they are dry and yucky and no matter how many pedicures I get they never get any better.
8. I love, love, love that I get to see my parents everyday, they are both such great people.
9. My sisters are my best friends and I try to talk to them as much as possible.
10. I have to make my bed every morning before I take the kids to school. I can't stand an unmade bed, and that is so not the way I grew up, Eric must have had some influence on me.
11. I hate to disappoint Eric, I know I do it a lot.
12. I love to change my hair style/color, usually with the seasons.
13. I used to fake bake but I had a panic attack once while in the tanning bed so now I just use the tanning lotion until I am not so pasty.
14. I love to vacuum and I do it everyday, I also do laundry everyday but not because I love it.
15. The first car I bought was brand new (1997 Honda Civic) and I had it paid off in less than a year.
16. I love being in bed early and watching TV in bed, especially movies.
17. I have never broken a bone or had surgery.
18. I still have my wisdom teeth. I have decided that March is going to finally be the time I have them taken out.
19. I have never gotten a speeding/traffic ticket. This doesn't mean that I don't speed..
20. I am terrified that because my mom has Alzheimer's disease, I might get it too.
21. I love spring. I love when the weather starts to warm up and the tulips start to bloom.
22. I love to snuggle with my kids, there is nothing better than having them snuggle right back.
23. I like the idea of being a crafty/scrapbooking mom, but I am so not that mom.
24. I have to have the ceiling fan on high in order to fall asleep.
25. I love to watch my kids in situations that they are not familiar with to see how they react. It lets me see their personalities.