Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family Home Evening



We had so much fun yesterday, I know it was Tuesday, Ethan had a prior engagement with his uncle Colby on Monday night. The boys and I headed into SLC to spend the evening with Eric. We walked around the Temple grounds amazed by all the beauty, we went into the Tabernacle and the Meeting House, and then we ended up at the Church Museum. It was so great explaining all of the great things that the Church has on display. The boys were enthralled by the Martyrdom painting of Joseph, the death masks of Joseph and Hyrum and John Taylor's watch that stopped the bullet. The Museum has a special exhibit for kids and the boys loved to color "painted glass" pictures and "build a temple". Ryder just loved to be out of his stroller and to run around. I highly suggest this as a family home evening activity, not only did my kids learn and grow and feel the Spirit, I was too!!
I am so glad that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and has blessed me beyond measure and will continue to bless me.



2 comments:

crazy walter 7 said...

THanks for the information about this place. I think that will be fun to take even my older kids to.

.........Still ME! said...

HI Friend! I was just thinking about you the other day! I am so glad you found my blog! i am so excited to stalk you blog and keep up on your cute family! How is everything?

Love you! Brenda