Monday, October 20, 2008

all things Halloween





I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! It is my most favorite time of the year. Fall brings cooler weather, a beautiful change of color and for some reason it makes my home feel more warm. I used to go "all out" decorating for Halloween and Eric commented a few years ago that I must be loosing my passion for this holiday. I have come to realize that as the years pass and the kids get bigger I tend to focus more on my day to day schedule and forget how much of the little things I miss out on. I want my kids to have fun memories of growing up and doing fun things together like playing games and baking cookies. Speaking of baking, I hardly do it, I do bake more than I make dinner though. I was reading my cousin's blog last week and she had a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Normally recipes don't catch my eye because I know that I am too lazy to commit to creating things, but this time I knew this is one recipe I could attempt without doing too much damage.



PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 box of spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin (15oz)
1 cup of chocolate chips

mix those 3 things together, THAT IS IT!!!

bake at 350 for 15 minutes

GENIUS!!!! thanks jennie!

6 comments:

Kell said...

Yummy...my recipe like this uses almost 20 ingredients! I will definetly try this one! Thanks!

Jennie said...

So glad you tried the cookies--I'm with you... the simpler it is, the better it is!

Stephanie said...

I love your huge blow up frankenstien and pumpkins!! I am so excited for that recipe! My oldest daughter MaKayla loves to bake, so I am going to go get those ingredients for her to make the cookies, thanks for sharing!!
steph

.........Still ME! said...

I always think of you this time of year, The way I affectionately put it is, "Halloween throws up at my friend Liz's house, I love it!" You always made Halloween fun for me!

I tried this recipe last fall, my kind of recipe!! Seriously idiot proof (exactly what I need)!!

crazy walter 7 said...

thanks for the easy recipe. i am going to try it this weekend.

Happy Herrons said...

Yummy! Liz - you are a GREAT mom and I so admire you working and raising such great kids!