Friday, May 2, 2008

My house...


I know it is really dumb miss a house -so- much, but I do. Eric and I built this home in '99. We have put blood, sweat and tears into it. We love it so much. Now that it is spring I really miss working out in the yard and planting flowers. I miss the fact that Ethan could have basically free reign over the neighborhood. I can't talk to Eric anymore about how much I miss the house because he says that I'm just like a missionary companion that always talked about home and it was just annoying. Ok, enough of the self pity party.


I am truly grateful that I have the chance to do something so great for my parents. They have owned the motel since 1976 and my mom has worked everyday since then cleaning rooms and doing laundry. She is a much stronger women than I am. She cleaned motel rooms every day, no matter what, even on Christmas! I think 31 years is enough already. I am glad that they get to spend more time together and travel. I only wish that there wasn't this terrible cloud called Alzheimer's disease hanging over the picture.

4 comments:

Kellie, said...

I think what you are doing is great. I think you are wonderful for giving back to your parents. I understand about your house, but your family will be blessed for this sacrifice that you are making.

Stacee Maree said...

I love your house!!!! Do you and eric want to build me one like that? I am sure going to miss having you in our ward when you move back to that beautiful home. But I would want that more than anything too. Just to go home. But think of the blessing in heaven waiting for you for helping your parents. You will also have the blessing of being able to stay home, which I wouldn't give up for the world. Isn't it funny how life works sometimes?

lizwagz said...

Thank you for the encouragement! You are great women!!!

Happy Herrons said...

I understand, we had TONS of flowers at our old house and I miss them too. It is like a new adventure to have a new house for a while?!?!