Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day



Once again I will remind you all that I have the best husband ever!! On Saturday he began by giving me beautiful flowers {normally I don't like getting flowers because the cheap side of me always thinks that the $ spent on flowers could be spent on something else} but this time I told that side of me to shut up and enjoy it. Sunday morning he made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls for everyone to enjoy. Ethan and Archer worked hard at school making my presents, Ethan gave me a homemade "hug", a coupon book of things to do around the house and a flower with a picture of him in the center. Archer gave me a picture of a flower made out of his hand print and a funny question sheet he filled in the answers to.

Eric's mom brought him up right, she taught him that on Mother's day Mom does not do anything. So in the tradition of Jane I did nothing... I sat in my unmade bed and watched movies and was super lazy, all except the part where I had to take care of Ryder who has been sick since Friday night. Eric made the best dinner of pork chops and seasoned potatoes and the best part of all brownies and ice cream. My parents and my sister came over for dinner and stayed and played games, it was a great day!!

2 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

That DOES sound like a great day! Lucky you!

Stacee Maree said...

Aren't our husbands wonderful. If Dave wasn't in the bishopric I would have stayed in bed all day too.