Tuesday, December 16, 2008

the annual party

My dad's side of the family has a Christmas party every year, I can remember when I was little and it was held in my uncle's basement...good times...We are a much larger family now and for the longest time it has been held at a church. In the "good-old-days" the matriarchs of the family did all of the preparing, cooking and organizing. Three or four years ago they fazed that duty on to the next generation, meaning me and my willing cousins. Jody, Corinne, Dana and Marianne did most of the work and I helped a little, they amaze me! It was a great party, we had lots of hot chocolate, a baked potato bar, lots of treats, Santa, a game in which we decorated our parents like Christmas trees and of course the all important pinata!
Ethan and Archer got to sit on Santa's lap, Ryder was sleeping, but he did get in on the pinata action later. Needless to say it was a great party.. Thanks everyone that prepared, attended and helped clean up.





3 comments:

Kell said...

That looks like loads of fun! I miss your boys soooo much! Give them "Aunt Kelly" hugs!

TAMPA said...

YOUR DAD IS KILLING ME IN THAT OUTFIT !!

Happy Herrons said...

A Chrimast pinata? What a great idea!