Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend work




My dad finally gave us the "go-ahead" to tile the kitchen floor. We pulled up the carpet (by the way, carpet in the kitchen is crazy!!), laid the backer board, set the tile and then grouted it. Eric did most of the work, ok, he did everything except grout, my sister and I did that. I am really sore today. I think it is funny that when you get the idea to update something in the house the idea always seems easier than the task really is. We still aren't finished, we have to put the trim up around the room and finish off where the tile in the kitchen meets the laminent in the livingroom and hallway. I love it!

Not all of the weekend was work, we did spend the 24th with some great friends, great food and a fantastic fireworks show. I wish I had taken my camera so I could share pictures but I didn't so you will just have to imagine it in your head.

2 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

That is funny, we have been doing the exact same thing!! I just posted some pic's. We got rid of our tile though. Nothing against tile, I actually love the tile that you put in! I just didn't love ours, it was too light, plus there were cracks in it, and I was over it! Great job Eric, it looks great! By the way Liz, the grout looks fantastic!!!! :)

Happy Herrons said...

Your kitchen looks great! You should host the next cooking club!