Sunday, May 9, 2010

Isn't she the cutest darn thing?!?


I am going through Mom withdrawals..My parents have been in Hawaii since the middle of March. They are staying with my brother and his family and one of my nieces is graduating from high school in a week or so. They will leave Hawaii in two weeks and have about a 3 hour layover in Salt Lake (long enough for me to hug and kiss them) then they are off again to Illinois where another one of my nieces is graduating.

I normally get to see my mom almost everyday... I am having a hard time today..very emotional. I did get to Skype with my parents today and I am very grateful for that but it just isn't the same as making her give me a hug in person (because of the Alzheimer's she isn't much of a hugger, I have to make her put her arms around me :)

I did get a mom fix about a month ago when Eric's parents came to visit and I love her so much. I am so lucky to have such great mothers in my life!

2 comments:

Kell said...

I just love your mom's smile!!!

J Wagner said...

I am so sorry that you are missing the warm fuzzies! Your mom looks so happy in her Hawaiian dress and lei.