Friday, June 5, 2009

If Mama ain't happy...

I am not looking for advice or suggestions I just have to vent. Here I go...
It is the 2nd official day of summer vacation and I already want to throw my 8 year old out of the window!!! It is as if a small monster has taken over his body. I have given the kids chores to do everyday and I am trying to keep everything on schedule so they know when it is acceptable to play the XBOX and Wii. Yesterday morning the boys woke up at 6:30 and began doing chores.. emptying the dishwasher and spraying everything in the kitchen down with Lysol. Now some of you might say "what great kids" yes the part where they are doing work is fantastic, but at 6:30 a.m.?!?!? Here comes the 8 year old into my bedroom to empty the trash..I hear the 5 year old spraying who knows what on whatever is standing still. Keep in mind that the 2 year old sleeps until 8 a.m. and I like it that way. So this morning I tried to explain that chores will be done at a certain time and XBOX and Wii will have a specific time to be played. Here is where the 8 year old transforms into the small monster. He thinks that because he finished his chores at 7 a.m. that he can play XBOX for the rest of the day and the fight begins. I am not proud to say that there was screaming from both sides. I know that I am not the best mom and I still have lots of things to learn but I thought for sure that we could calmly discuss the situation and come through it. But nothing is resolved for now. I need to write the schedule down and post it on the fridge. Another problem comes about when I and the 8 year old are not fighting than the 8 year old and the 5 year old are fighting about playing together, playing alone, he's kicking me, he's talking too loud, he's not listening to my demands, he's touching me.. and the list goes on and on. Oh the sounds of summer...
Patience.. I am learning (no, i have always known this) that my children have NO patience, they ask 3 times in less than 2 seconds for the same thing and then i get angry. Take for instance right now, the 8 year old is insisting that I get him something RIGHT NOW! How is it that I have to ask them ten times to do something before they actually hear me and respond when I get angry and they can expect me to get them what they want the first time?!?!? ARGHHHHH!!!!! And now the 8 year old is screaming "when are you going to get it?" "Please mommy!!" and the tears are coming now over a ding dong XBOX game. Why do I even have a stupid XBOX all it does is cause problems.
I am done.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

So it is not just me?? JK Hey I get you, one thing that has worked with my kids before it the timer, if I tell them they can only play til it goes off or can't until it does, that way I am not the bad guy, the timer is!!! Good luck, its going to be a long summer ;) But at least we don't have to work all day away from them right?????

Stacee Maree said...

Just throw the dumb things (not the little monster) out the window. I am seriously thinking of it. I get more heart burn over the dumb xbox then anything else. And yes I had to ask it's more fun that way

Kell said...

We NEED to live closer! I think we need to trade off and on with each other so we can have some breaks and sanity. We don't have the xbox....so I don't know about that thing, but the wii is collecting dust right now for another couple of days until our school is out;)

Chelsi said...

Ahhhh, the joys of summer. ;) I am right there with you. I'm pretty sure my nine-year-old is a great kid until we're a couple of days into summer. Now I understand why my mom was always so happy on the first day of school.

J Wagner said...

I love you! I read the article and then looked at your profile and found humor that is was right next to it. But then I am done with the tantrums. YEA!!!! Maybe grandma's road trip needs to be soon.

.........Still ME! said...

wow, i almost feel like i just wrote your whole post! how do you know exactly what the last week of my life has been like? Oh wait, you have the same ages as me, which in turn creates the same problems huh? Good luck mama!