Monday, May 11, 2009

Mini

My dad calls her Mini, I call her MAMA. She is having a rough time right now. Her allergies are terrible, her stomache bothers her and her shoulder hurts. She has a tough time trying to explain what hurts her.... yet she giggles. I love her giggle. She has the most beautiful eyes and when she is "off" they give her away. I love my mom and even though she is not the same as she used to be, I am enjoying her RIGHT NOW. If I sit and think about it too much I guess you could say that I get pretty angry. I keep reminding myself that she is able to enjoy herself right now and I should too.


HBO has a new 4 part series about Alzeimer's disease.
While there is no cure for the disease, THE ALZHEIMER'S PROJECT shows there is now genuine reason to be optimistic about the future. Created by the award-winning team behind HBO's acclaimed "Addiction" project, this multi-platform series takes a close look at groundbreaking discoveries made by the country's leading scientists, as well as the effects of this debilitating and fatal disease both on those with Alzheimer's and on their families.


I watched this last night and instead of depressing me it actually made me happy. There are still good times to enjoy. I love this lady with my whole heart.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

What an awesome Post! Thanks for sharing! I love you and your mom any way you come and anytime!
Love Steph

Stacee Maree said...

Loved it. Thanks for sharing. Love ya

Kell said...

I LOVE you and your mom!!! Thanks for the sweet post! Just what I needed!!!

Kellie, said...

I know a little about what you are going through. My grandmother had alz. She was diagnosed when I was about 12, but she had had it for years, we just didn't know what was going on. It is a horrible disease and I still cry when I think about what my beautiful grandmother went through the last years of her life. I try not to think about it, but when I go see your mom I see good things. There is so much more that they know now than they did then and so much more that can be done. I am your mother's visiting teacher and I take time at least once a week and focus a prayer on each one of my sisters and seem to spend the longest time on my knees when I am talking about your mother. I love her too.

Happy Herrons said...

Great post. My grandma had Alzheimer's - I am so glad they are working for more hope.

TAMPA said...

Liz.. My heart goes out to you guys. I hear about your mom a lot through Ang. I know how you feel cause my mom has had problems as well. You have an amazing attitude about it.. keep it up. Like you said, look at the positive and enjoy the giggle. Ang has said that is one of her favorite things about your mom too. :)